Thursday, January 2, 2014

2013 was...

I have learnt that 1st of January are meant to be celebrated with the ones you are with. I have learnt that the people you are with in real life are the ones you have to spend time with. 

I have learnt that promises are words difficult to keep. I have learnt that promises you should give rarely and mean it. So I will promise less and keep more. 

I have learnt that family is everything. I have learnt that friends are essential. I have also learnt that friends can make you, as well as break you anytime and so one has to be always on guard. 

I have learnt to let go of my defences. I have also reinforced my defences. I have not yet learnt to whom I should let my defences down! And so until I learn, I am constantly going to put myself into trouble. 

I have learnt the power of silence. I have also learnt that silence is boring. Sometimes silence is sexy but silence over done is excruciatingly boring. That maybe the most introvert of them are going through a lot.
I have learnt not to judge. I have learnt the fairer way of criticism. Yes, I know I have. I can pass on my judgements in the most unbiased way and that is one powerful character I possess.
I have learnt this the hard way. Years and years of slapstick remarks and troubles has made me into this fair person I am. I am silent now when I have to be.

I have learnt how to apply make up and look like a female. I also walk like a girl now. I have learnt in the past year that I am growing up to be a ughhh woman! However strong and independent I claim to be, I have also learnt that I am equally vulnerable. And that I should always look out for myself. 

I have learnt the power of hard-work and dedication. I have also learnt that if you want something then you have to stop complaining and start working. I have learnt that ranting is pointless but that it feels good when there's someone listening to you. And so I will listen to people's rants and maybe offer suggestions but only for a short while. Constant ranting is a feature of a weak mind.
I have learnt that to avoid myself from ranting to people,I should tweet as much as I want and forget about it completely.

I have learnt that a strong mind is the most appealing character to find. A mind that doesn't waver and a heart that doesn't intimidate is sexy. I have learnt that being with a weak mind is exhausting. I have learnt that the most powerful organ in your body is the brain. 

But most importantly I have learnt when to let go. I have learnt I should have let it go a long time ago, and it was my fault I kept holding on and on and on that it destroyed me. It destroyed the both of us. I have learnt to rebuild myself from the debris. I have learnt a lot about relationships and that now I am a sound advisor and also a good detector of how well the things are going. I have learnt that love is not a game. Love is always true and pure and genuine. Genuine! And selfless and protective and also sensible. Everything good. If it is not, then it isn't love.
I also know hate. I know loathsome too. I have been subjected to this games of hate and it sucks to be a part of it. Now I know how to avert this game entirely and now that I am twenty two I am going to be so good a person that there will be no hate around me. 
But surely I will come across some people I will hate. No doubt. I will hate a person because of their individual tenacity, but never because of their race or religion! 

I have learnt that if you don't clean your room, then It will be unclean. And unclean rooms are sad. 

I have learnt that anger is dangerous and it should be controlled. I have learned to channel my angers. I have learnt calm. I have learnt how to disagree without being unpleasant. I have learnt that people call me a control freak and I will take that label and be proud of it! 

I have kept my last years resolution to give time to the people around me and carried it out well.😊


Peace-dr. Diksha


No comments: