Wednesday, January 9, 2013

History Taking as of now.

Seventh sem medical student. Half way there, halfway not there. Put it this way in the middle of no where. 

History taking. Ask their chief complaints, jot it down. Then elaborate their problems in writing. 
Patient says, "Doctor you know I have pain here and here and there and there's some lump around there. What should I eat?"

While in my mind thousands of things run but I can muster nothing to tell them. I am perplexed. I try placing in my mind if it is paining there what all diseases could  be causing it. Then as quickly as I am silent I look at the patient and say things few things. And if nothing comes its best you resort to "eat green vegetables" and then carry on with the examination process and get the chief doctor to present your history.

No comments: